Hi everybody. I got a couple of notices about this coming event. Here is the blurb (edited for space and brevity). We would totally attend, but had a previous engagement. Here is a direct link to the event page.
From Cocktails to Dessert:
The Delicious Underground World of Root Vegetables & their Nutritional Value
Cooking Demonstration and Book Signing – Locally Sourced Ingredients. Naturally Gluten, Dairy and Soy Free.
Join us for a special evening to celebrate ROOTS cookbook. Come for a cooking demonstration of Radish Top Soup with Chef-Author Diane Morgan along with some health insight from Dr. Samantha Brody about eating beneficial root vegetables, and stay for a wonderful meal.
$75 Dinner fee includes a first print edition of ROOTS (get it signed!), as well as a delicious signature cocktail from the cookbook.
- Beverage – Homemade Gingerale + Cherry Infused Bourbon
- Amuse Bouche – Radish Top Soup
- First Course – Crab Cakes OR Quinoa Cake with Pickled Ginger
- Second Course – Carrot Ribbons with Carrot Top Pesto, Crumbled Goat Cheese
- Main Course – Seared Duck Breast OR Portobello Mushrooms with Port Reduction
- Served with – Parsnip Puree and Sautéed Beet Greens
- Dessert – Red Velvet Cupcakes
Abby’s Table : Food Your Body Loves
Saturday September 29, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 9:15 PM PDT
609 SE Ankeny St
Portland, OR 97214