We’re Officially a Dot Com
We are now accessible at an alternate URL: www.glutenfreeportland.com. Many thanks to Chris at Flypaper Creative for helping to make this possible.
Classes at Abby Table
Abby’s Table is a great place to get gluten-free food and has classes (see our review, here). Abby’s Table chef Abby Fammartino and health counselor Katie Decker are teaming up to present three classes in January. All classes are 7:00 to 8:15 PM. Check the Abby’s Table calendar for more info or to sign up. These are $30/class or $75/3 for the class series. Here are the classes:
- January 14th: Setting Intentions, Detoxing, Food and Mood
- January 21st: Seasonal Eating, Chinese 5 Phase Theory and Creating Balance
- January 28th: Staying Inspired, Meal Planning, and Stretching One Meal into Many
Portland Metro GIG Hosts Dr. Stephen Wangen
The Portland Metro GIG will be hosting Dr. Stephen Wangen, author of Healthier Without Wheat: A New Understanding of Wheat Allergies, Celiac Disease, and Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance at their March meeting. He will be speaking about his book and will be available for book signings after the meeting. Here is more information on this book (on Amazon). Dr. Wangen will also be speaking at the Eugene and Salem GIG meetings that same week. Here are the details:
- Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 6:30 PM. Eugene GIG, monthly meeting held at the Lakewood Clubhouse, 1800 Lakewood Court, Eugene, Oregon.
- Friday, March 12, 6:30 PM. Salem and McMinnville GIGs, dinner and presentation at Marco Polo restaurant in downtown Salem, Oregon.
- Saturday, March 13, 10 AM to 12 PM. Portland GIG meeting at Legacy Emanuel Hospital in Portland, Oregon, Room 1075.
Gluten-Free Informational Classes in Corvalis
Nadine Grzeskowiak, the Gluten Free RN, will be hosting informational classes on January 5, 12, 19 and February 2, 9, 16, and 23 from 12-1pm at her office at 215 SW 4th Street, Corvallis, Oregon. “This class will cover the basics of gluten intolerance and Celiac disease and what it means to lead a gluten free lifestyle. Gluten free goodies will be provided. Class is held at the downtown office in Corvallis.”